I write this with a heavy heart and much disappointment.
Today I received an email from Lancashire County Council who have deemed it necessary to delay the opening of all schools in Lancashire for at least another week. That means that the new earliest date that pupils from Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 will be allowed back to school would be Monday 22nd June. As I stated last week, this will be a frustrating message for everybody involved but we will only open school to these year groups when the experts say it is safe to do so and we must put our trust in the scientific advice we receive as the consequences of not doing are unthinkable.
Although the number of new cases has decreased, Lancashire and the North West has a high number of cases compared to many other regions in the country and the safety of our children and families has always been our number one priority throughout this testing time.
The childcare group for children from key worker/vulnerable families will continue to run in school. I would like to assure you that when school is reopened to the children from other year groups, we have made all of the necessary arrangements needed to keep your children as safe as possible in and around school. Risk assessments and plans have been drawn up and passed by our Governing Body to facilitate social distancing and enhanced hygiene and we are ready and eager to welcome children back to school.
There will be a further meeting next Monday to determine if children will be allowed back on Monday 22nd June and we cross our fingers that we will be told we are in a safer position to let this happen. I can assure you that returning to a degree of normality is wanted desperately by parents and teachers alike and will be very welcome when it does come.
As ever I shall contact you as soon as I find out more and I thank you for your continued support and co-operation in these difficult times.
Moya Smith , Head Teacher